Jeremy and Sam go to SXSW! Day 6- We Need to Buy a Smoker

Thursday, March 15, 2012

So my sister had the day off today, and since she and her family haven't been out in Austin long, we all went to find some really good barbecue. The first place we stopped at was Franklin's Barbecue, and the barbecue smelled delicious. However, they were closed by the time we got there, and what we were smelling was the meat they were preparing for tomorrow's lunch crowd. I actually like that they're sticking to quantity over quality.

Another place my sister and her husband had heard about was called Stiles Switch BBQ. We couldn't smell the meat when we went into the restaurant, but they had heard good things about it.

What I thought was a refrigerator behind the counter was actually a smoker- and the second they opened that thing, I knew I was in the right place. I got a mild sausage link, some brisket, and the macaroni and cheese. The macaroni was underwhelming; it was a little dry and bland. But the meat more than made up for it. It was some of the best meat I have had in my life. The barbecue sauce that comes on the side (remember, Texans revere their meat...they don't slather it in sauce) was quite good, too!

If you happen to be in Austin, check this place out- you get more than your money's worth.


No comments :

Post a Comment