Fruit Ninja FX Review

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Off the top of my head, the only other game I play that has the "just one more time" addictiveness of Angry Birds is Fruit Ninja. It's easy to play, but tough to master. You slice fruit that pops up on your touch screen all while trying to avoid bombs that are thrown in there for good measure. So imagine my joy when my cousin and I went to the arcade, and saw a Fruit Ninja game standing right near the entrance.

Fruit Ninja FX, as it has been named, takes the sixty second Arcade mode from the smartphone/tablet game, and actually puts it in the arcade as a redemption game (a game played for tickets), much to my initial pleasure.The game looks great on what appears to be a 30 or so inch monitor. It looks and plays like the original game, with one glaring problem: the touch screen is crap.





Now don't get me wrong- it could have been dirty or it may have needed to be recalibrated. But I can't imagine that either of those is the problem; the touch screen registered my swipes late and messed up my score. In a game like Fruit Ninja that requires players to be precise, that is a big flaw. I'm no pricing expert when it comes to touch screens, but a capacative touch screen with a durable shell shouldn't cost all that much to manufacture.

The game is meant for kids, and as such, most won't even care. But for some reason, I do, and because of the screen fault, I can only give Fruit Ninja FX a 6.5 out of 10.

Sent from my Windows Phone

No comments :

Post a Comment