The Coolest Kids In Town

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I woke up this morning checking my personalized news feed on Flipboard, as I do every morning. But today was different. I woke up to find two music videos waiting on me. I normally don't watch music videos, but I was blown away and pretty damn amused with both. The kicker? The combined age of the two artists is 16 YEARS OLD.

Enough with the jabbering, let's roll the clips!

Willow Smith, Whip My Hair

If there ever was a time where children took full advantage of nepotism and made something of themselves, it's the Smith kids. Jaden was in the Karate Kid remake last year, and Willow comes on to the scene with a catchy, energetic number that's bound to inspire a few new dances and get some serious airplay in clubs she's waaaaay too young to even get into!

She's got the "it" factor, and she's only 9. Jay Z signed her to his label, and after talking to her, believes she has the drive and creativity of a young Michael Jackson. It may be a little early to make such a bold prediction, but if this is just the beginning, more people will be making that comparison before we know it.


Lil P-Nut, You Might Be The One

This one doesn't have the "OMG this blew me away" factor that a lot of people will have when they see the Willow Smith video, but it's got an "awww, that's cute" factor to it. He's only 7, so there's only so many things he can rap about- bubble gum, dating an "older" girl (she's in the 3rd grade, he's in the 2nd), and reminds us of a time when relationships were simple and thrived on the promise of candy and a couple pushes on the playground swingset. But then again, I'd rather have him rap about this than the rhymes of a rapper three or four times his age. Still it's cute, and you can't believe he raps like this at seven.

No comments :

Post a Comment