It's the Cheesiest!

Monday, November 14, 2011

I LOVE macaroni and cheese. Let me say that again- I LOVE macaroni and cheese. It is probably my favorite dish of all time- it's easy to make, it's universally liked, and who complains about mounds of cheddar cheese? Certainly not this guy.

My recipe switches every now and then- truffle oil comes and goes, I'll try different cheeses, and whatever else I can alter. It's like soup in that there are so many different ways to make it taste really good that sticking to the same recipe really isn't my thing. My macaroni recipe has never actually used macaroni- I've always used other noodles.

Macaroni and cheese is such an easy dish to make that if you want to make dinner with or for your significant other and you aren't all that great at cooking, this is an ideal dish to make. As always, I've approximated some of the measurements in the recipe below, but you can alter them to your liking.

1/2 box of penne
1/3 stick of butter
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
1 table spoon of garlic salt
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of pepper
1 8oz bag of mild cheddar cheese
1 8oz bag of colby/jack cheese
1 16oz bag of sharp cheddar cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil the penne until the noodles are soft. Drain noodles, but do not rinse.
3. Cut the stick of butter into thin pats; it will be mixed in to the boiled noodles.
4. Mix all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the sharp cheddar cheese together in a large bowl or pot.
5. Empty the mixture in a large pan and lay evenly.
6. Cover the top of the dish with the sharp cheddar cheese. Depending on how large the pan's surface area is, you may need to use the whole bag of cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the top cheese is brown enough for your liking.


Oranger than a Jersey Shore cast member. Cheesier than your mom's jokes. More customizable than any car at West Coast Customs. THIS is macaroni and cheese. Enjoy making it as much as you'll enjoy eating it- later days!

No comments :

Post a Comment