Failure is an option...isn't it?

Thursday, November 18, 2010

So I still have yet to get a grade lower than a C on any of my assignments in grad school. Most of the time, my motivation for studying is to learn the material and do better in my classes. But every now and then, there's that class or two where you go the extra mile just to keep above water. Face it- every college student goes through it. Usually, this situation comes about when there's a class that you HAVE to take, rather than a tough elective. Whether your class was a requirement or an elective, remember this quote from Michael Jordan:

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."

You're in college! Push yourself to the limit academically! Even if you fail and are forced to drop a class, you will have gained new knowledge, new friends, new contacts, and a new appreciation for a subject you may not have known about. Furthermore, failure can help you decide how much you love your major and may help you reevaluate whether or not you want to change your major. I was a communications major, and no matter how low I may have gotten in some of my classes, I still loved what I did- that's how I knew I was in the right field; even when they're getting hit, boxers still get up and work harder to keep fighting. Even when a doctor can't find a cure, he goes right back to the drawing board to figure out the problem. Love for your profession is a powerful thing; even when you fail, you still succeed. So learn from your failures! Seize the day!

No comments :

Post a Comment